Rebel Pro from Pirotti
Last update: 06.01.2017
Just for Christmas 2015 I got the kit of the Rebel Pro from my dealer GB-Jets.
This was my first really big jet and I started building at the beginning of 2016.
You may find a build thread in rc-universe: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11622565-elite-aerosport-rebel-pro-build.html
- Turbine Jetcat P220 RXi
- 1 Jeti duplex EX Central Box CB200 + 2 satellites Sat2
- (1 XXJC-EX ECU telemetrie converter)
- 1 Servo Hitec HS-7954SH - Rudder
- 2 Servo Servo Hitec HS-7954SH - Ailerons
- 2 Servo Servo Hitec HS-8385SH - Flaps
- 2 Servo Servo Hitec HS-7954SH - Elevator
- 1 Servo Servo Hitec HS-7954SH - Front wheel
- 1 Electron ER-50 retract gear
- 1 Life 2100mAh 9.9V- Turbine battery
- 2 Life 3000mAh 6.6V Electronic
- Hopper from Intairco
Building was straight forward and there was no problem to finish the in general good quality kit.
First problems showed when I prepared the plane for maiden. In fact I had overseen, as this wasn't mentioned in the instructions that the elevator and flaps were cut out in a way that they blocked on the fuselage once mounted. This has costed me one elevator servo(burned) and two damaged flex hinges on the flaps. I managed to repair the hinges and after removing the corner parts on flaps and elevators I could complete all adjustments as mentioned in the building instructions.
Maiden Flight in August 2016; really awesome model with good flight characteristics.
September 2016: Almost 20 flights on different airfields.
Turbine power is reduced for now to 200NM and I still have more power than actually needed to fly this bird. So a 180NM turbine should fit this model.